The Human Resources division implements and maintains a personnel system for the City, providing guidance and support to all departments for recruitment, selection, classification/salary structures, employee benefits, employee relations, employee training, labor negotiations, performance evaluation, progressive discipline, grievance handling, staff development and other mandated personnel programs and processes.
Areas of Responsibility
- Conduct timely and successful recruitment to maintain an effective workforce.
- Conduct appropriate surveys to ensure competitive employee salaries and benefits.
- Assist departments in preparation of appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Manage the processing of liability claims against the City.
- Provide employee development training to maintain a knowledgeable and capable workforce.
- Assist departments in interpretation of personnel policies and procedures.