Tropical Storm Warning for Southern California
The National Weather Service has issued a Tropical Storm Warning for the Southern California region. The current forecast sees Hurricane Hilary weakening into a tropical storm as it approaches Southern California, bringing rain and high winds. Flash Flooding will be possible across the whole region, with 2-3 inches of rain expected in our area, and sustained winds of 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
Sandbags for residents are available at City Hall and sand is located in the lower parking lot of The Park.
Prepare now with these tips:
- Secure outdoor furniture and objects from wind and rain damage.
- Bring pets inside and check on large animals to ensure their areas are secure
- Check yard drains and culverts and clean any debris that may block drainage.
- Watch out for potential falling trees limbs
- Unplanned power and internet outages may occur. Charge your devices and backup batteries.
- If you see downed power lines never touch or approach the power lines call 9-1-1 right away.
- If you have to drive, use extra caution.